Report Automation in Excel (VBA)
This course includes:
Our Report Automation in Excel course is accredited by NITA
This course is designed for users who have leveraged on the rich set of features in the standard Excel user interface BUT are looking for an easier and faster way to perform mundane, repetitive data manipulation, analysis, and reporting processes. By using Excel VBA for automation, you can significantly cut down the time you spend repeating these steps and improve your overall productivity.
Further, you can use VBA to build new capabilities into Excel for enhanced data visualization and building professional dashboards and interfaces.
Ideal candidates for this module need to be thorough with concepts covered in our Advanced Excel.
- Getting started with VBA Programming: Recording, storing a macro, using VB Editor,
understanding data types, code presentation, working with Message and Input Boxes, difference between a sub routine and a function.
- Working with Variables, Constants and Arrays: Declaring variables and constants, scope of
variable/constant, declaring, assigning and using an array, Illustration: using variables, constants and arrays.
- The Excel Objects Framework: Properties and methods, Object Hierarchy & Collections.
- Controlling Program Flow and Decisions: Applications of Excel VBA Control Statements, exiting
- Working with Ranges and/or Cells: Defining a range/cell, the Range and the Cell property, the
offset property of a range, wows and columns, reading values from one cell to another or to a variable.
- Working with other workbooks and files: Referencing workbooks and worksheets, get the path
and full name, Importing sheets/data.
- Automation Using Events: Understanding event handlers, workbook, worksheet and chart events.
- Forms and Controls: Creating customized dialog boxes, launch and close a user form, assigning codes to user form controls.
- Error Handling and Macro Debugging: Common errors and how to troubleshoot, on Error GoTo, On Error Resume Next.
- Business Professionals seeking to simplify & automate daily Excel tasks.
- Finance Coordinators, Finance Managers
- Finance Analysts,
- Business Analysts, Data Analysts
- Create usable macros using VBA language on the VB Editor
- Use VBA to automate report generation processes
- Debugging tools and error handling methods
- Different ways to reference ranges and cells
- How to work with data types
or Call us